Sometimes I like to just sit outside and find things to take pictures of. Here, I captured me a little squirl. I always liked those little tree rats. Reminds me of when I used to have two pet squirls named Rocky & Rosey.
Every now and then, I like to visit the river to look out at the water. I find it relaxing and it clears my mind from stress. Here you can see that the river is low. After a good rainfall, I'll usually check back to see the river again... And here, you can see that the river has risen... Usually the water level is only halfway to the middle of the old bridge piling. And at times it usually submerges the entire structure.
The Escambia River is approximately 240 miles long and flows out of south Alabama, traveling around 54 miles from the Florida state line to Escambia Bay. It ranks as the fourth largest river in Florida. The river has a drainage basin covering 4,200 square miles, only 10 percent of which is in Florida. The river harbors the richest assemblage of native North American freshwater fish of any Florida stream with 85 native freshwater species recorded from the river system. The Escambia River Water Management Area contains a high diversity of plants and animals. Land coverage types include large acreages of hardwood forests, pine flatwoods, and estuary marshlands. The round circular object in the picture is a bridge piling that used to be an iron truss pivot bridge that was constructed during 1917-1929 at a cost of $15,000. It connected Escambia County & Santa Rosa County. Escambia County was organized by European-Americans on July 21, 1821, after the United Stat...
Comments
Post a Comment